Getting Started with Guitar Adventures
Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by the site today! If you’re new to the world of guitars, are looking for a new guitar or just need some inspiration, this page is for you. It contains all the information you need to answer many of those guitar-related questions you have right now.
Feel free to read top-to-bottom or jump around using the buttons below:
Helpful Guitar Reviews
For many people, the most useful part of this site is the guitar reviews. Having owned numerous guitars over my 25+ years of playing guitar and working at a music store, I’ve had the opportunity to personally test many different guitars.
These reviews, which have been divided into three comparison charts, give you the strengths and weaknesses of each guitar, pricing and general rating:
No matter if you’re a beginner guitar or an intermediate guitarists, these reviews should prove incredibly useful as you do research for the purchase.
Useful Accessories Guides
In addition to individual guitar reviews, Guitar Adventures has also published a number of helpful buyers guides and users guides that focus on introducing a type of accessory, explaining how it’s used and then offering a comparison of the best accessories available on the market today.
This growing list of “Ultimate Guides” covers guitar-related accessories like:
- Ultimate Guide to the Guitar Capo
- Ultimate Guide to the Guitar Tuner (also, see this for the best tuners under $15)
- Ultimate Guide to the Guitar Humidifier
- Ultimate Guide to Guitar Looper Pedals
- Ultimate Guide to Cleaning Your Guitar
- Ultimate Guide to Acoustic Guitar Strings
- Ultimate Guide to Classical Guitar Strings
- Ultimate Guide to Electric Guitar Strings (coming soon)
The reality is that not all guitar accessories are designed the same, so it pays to know which brands the pros use and what you should expect to pay for “good quality” vs “acceptable quality”.
Frequently Asked Guitar Questions
Because I receive emails on an almost daily basis asking great questions, I decided to dedicate an entire series of articles I’ve entitled the Guitarists’ FAQ. Below are some of the most commonly-asked questions along with a few that I think you should be asking if you aren’t already 🙂
- Should I buy a new or a used guitar?
- What should the budget for my new guitar be?
- What should I look for when buying an acoustic guitar?
- What should I look for when buying an electric guitar?
- Should I buy an acoustic, electric or classical guitar?
- Should I spend the money to buy a solid top for my new acoustic guitar?
- Should I invest in a soft case or a hard case for my guitar?
- At what age can my son/daughter start learning the guitar?
- More coming…
Do you have a specific question that you think should be answered here? Reach out to me (Josh) through my contact page and I’ll respond as quickly as possible.
Tips and Tricks for the Guitar
What started as just a “fun blogging exercise” actually turned into some really good tips and tricks that I think guitarists of all levels can use. Perhaps you can use some of these or adapt them to your own style. Either way, there’s plenty of good stuff to learn here.
- 5 Easy Steps to lower the Action on your Guitar
- 4 Secrets to Changing Your Guitar Strings
- How to Easily Understand the Fretboard (Unleashing the Power of CAGED)
- 10 Most Useful Tips for Flying with your Guitar
- 5 Exciting Ways to Display Your Guitar
- 5 Different Ways to Tune Your Guitar (& When to Use Them)